24 January 2009

I've Failed

I have not been able to post something on my blog everyday for the month of January. I did pretty well the first half of January, but I am failing miserably the second.

I did learn something though. I do not have the time or really the inclination to post something everyday. It was a lot of pressure. I started my blog to write about random things that occurred in my life. Partly to get my thoughts down on "paper" and partly as kind of a record of who I am. If my girls are interested, they can read about the deep dark thoughts of their wacky mom when they get older. Maybe it will help them understand me better.

I also learned that I am not a slave to my computer. My girls are home with me all day, and much more deserving of my time than a blog. And when I may have had some free time late at night, I decided my sleep was more important as well.

So it was an interesting experiment for me. One that I will probably not do again. Maybe when I'm older and my kids are gone and I need something to fill my days. But that time isn't now. So I will continue to post to my blog when the fire ignites in my brain. Plenty of things piss me off, and plenty of other things I just want to write down. But I will not put the pressure on myself that I need to come to my blog and put something, anything, on it everyday.


Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.
~Carl Sandburg~

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You are funny.
I do post most days anyway but I have felt the urge to post just to do the nablopomo. I missed one day cause my internet was down.

I think I'll wait a bit before committing to it again, this is my 3rd time.