I was tagged by MaryAnn on Facebook. In the interest of making things easy, I decided to post this on my blog, and then I will import it to Facebook. I am pretty sure I have some blog readers who are not on Facebook, so this will enable everyone to learn some inane things about me : )
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you. (To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.) I only tagged people on Facebook.
1. I was born in New York City at Jewish Memorial Hospital on Feb. 19, 1968. I have an older sister and brother. I'm the baby.
2. When I was 4 and 5 I went to a daycare center because my mother worked. It was one of the first daycare centers opened in NYC. It had a cool playground on the roof and they used to let me eat bowls of peanut butter for breakfast.
3. I went to Catholic School for 1st and 2nd grade, we moved to IL just before I started 3rd.
4. My dad was a first generation American, his parents were from Ireland, they met on the boat coming to America. My grandfather was a member of the IRA. We grew up as good Irish Catholics.
5. From 4-8 years old I took tap and ballet lessons from a former Rockette.
6. I took piano lessons from age 4 until age 14, and I still can't really play.
7. In 4th grade I was the Spelling Bee Champion for my entire school district. I got my picture in the local paper.
8. In 8th grade I ran into the wall during gym class. I knocked myself out and broke my right arm.
9. I was a Pom Pom girl my sophomore year of high school.
10. My senior year I got kicked out of P.E. for cutting class too many times. I had to take a sophomore P.E. class to get enough credits to graduate.
11. I bought my first car (a Ford Escort GT, mine was white) right after I graduated High school. I totaled that same car one year later, breaking my right cheekbone in the process.
12. I was an extra in a Dial Soap Commercial.
13. I can drive a stick shift. I also used to be able to drive a motorcycle.
14. I lived on my own or with a roommate from age 19-23. I worked 3 jobs to pay my expenses, one of those jobs was waitressing at Olive Garden.
15. When I was 21 I jumped up onstage at a Ratt concert. I was thrown out of the arena but I managed to sweet talk my way back in. I was (and kind of still am) a metal head.
16. I am very impatient and I really like to be on time.
17. I've only lived in 2 states, NY and IL. But I've been in 17. I was all set to move to TN with my parents in 1991, but I met my DH and stayed in IL with him.
18. I've been to Florida 8 times since I was 17. I'd live there if could. It is my favorite vacation destination.
19. I've been to Las Vegas once. I hope to go again someday. I also hope to get to Ireland one day.
20. I hate housework. And I'm kind of a pack rat.
21. I rarely leave the house without something on my lips...lipstick or lip gloss.
22. I was a Girl Scout Leader for 6 years and am still considered to be an Adult Girl Scout.
23. DH and I lived together for 6 years before we got married. Eldest daughter was born pre-marriage, youngest was born one month after we married. I didn't have a wedding, (I was 8 months pregnant) and we got married at the county courthouse.
24. I sing to my cats ( I have 4) and make up songs that rhyme with their names. Drives my family crazy.
25. I'd like to go back to school one day and become a nurse.