23 November 2008
- Spit it out :: tell me already
- Shadow :: land
- Database :: computer
- Expression :: of fear
- Boss :: who's the
- Baby :: I love babies
- Mystic :: as we sailed, into the mystic (Van Morrison song)
- Kate :: what my DD doesn't want to be called
- Boobies :: what fed my children
- Raid :: panty
Only one song today. The rest seems pretty boring, except for panty raid, what was I thinking there?
Want to see what your unconscious is thinking?
20 November 2008
So do you think they ate her? LOL
17 November 2008
Here's one of my four cats, being goofier than normal. Jersey, a muted calico (which is her color) Selkirk Rex, (which is her breed) decided today that hanging out in my DH's bathroom sink would be a good idea.
She went the artsy route (black & white) with this one:
And below, looking very regal:
As I said on Thankfulness Thursday, "I just love kitties!"
Here are some cat quotes for your enjoyment:
"There is, incidentally, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person." ~Dan Greenberg~
"It's really the cat's house - we just pay the mortgage." ~Author Unknown~
"Some people have cats and go on to lead normal lives." ~Author Unknown~
"If there were to be a universal sound depicting peace, I would surely vote for the purr." ~Barbara L. Diamond
16 November 2008
- Please stop :: Annoying me
- Move over :: or I'll move you over
- Sweet as :: honey
- Bet :: You better bet your life, or it'll cut you, cut you like a knife (The Who)
- Mad about :: you (not the show, the Belinda Carlisle song)
- It’s over :: so get over it
- Intend to :: I intend to do a lot of things, (I may not do them but the intent is there)
- Blame :: it on the rain (Milli Vanilli?)
- Jefferson :: Well we're movin' on up, to the east side, to a deluxe apartment, in the sky
- Heartless :: people who are cruel to animals
Well, seems my singing brain is back.
Want to mutter sober or intoxicated?
13 November 2008
Everyday I really have so much to be thankful for, and while I try to think of those things daily, I'm only going to bore you with my list weekly : )
1. - My health. I had a scare earlier this week, really worked myself into a tizzy imagining what could be wrong with me. Seems it's just another sign of my aging body. I am thankful for this body, that can still get up out of bed in the morning, see my husband off to work, care for my home and kids. Thankful I have eyes to see and ears to hear and arms to hold and love with.
2. - I am thankful for the seasons. It was a bit warmer today than it has been the last few days, so I was able to get outside and rake some leaves (thankful for my body again). I like fall, everything is dying off, going into hibernation. It's a time to contemplate, the days are shorter, the leaves crinkle and fires burn in people's chimneys. I love the smell and sounds of fall.
3. - I am thankful for my cats. For all cats really. I just really love this animal. I have 4, 5 if you count the stray I feed, and they are each unique and bring different joys to my day. I am also thankful for the wildlife I see in my yard. I love to watch the birds and squirrels in my yard. Watch them scurry around and bury their nuts, see the birds swoop down and peck at the seed. All the animals are preparing for winter and it's such fun to watch them busily go about their day.
4. - I am thankful for my husband and children. My husband who carries so much stress, worrying about our family, and often doesn't show it. My children, who act like children most of the time, but I love them anyway : )
5. - For my country. I may not be happy with the state of affairs at the moment, but I am thankful to be an American. I am thankful to have been born in America and still believe this is the greatest country in the world.
12 November 2008
I realize this is a little late, but the election is still on my mind. I've been thinking about those who voted. I wonder how many were truly informed voters. I found a little quiz to see how informed I was. Seems I was pretty informed. I don't feel as confident about the rest of the US, considering the outcome.
You Should Be Allowed to Vote
Generally speaking, you're very well informed.
If you vote this election, you'll know exactly who (and what) you'll be voting for.
You're likely to have strong opinions, and you have the facts to back them up.
09 November 2008
- Coverage :: Broad
- Cynical :: I am
- Gust :: of wind
- Improvised :: off the cuff
- V :: is for Vendetta
- Guests :: Be our guests (oh no, I may break into song again : )
- Brutal :: Violent
- Grant :: Government
- Pull :: push
- Streaming :: Live
I see my subconscious is quite boring today. Maybe I should go back to bed : )
Care to mutter?
07 November 2008
06 November 2008
1 - I have a home, a roof over my head, heat when I am cold, air conditioning when I am hot, running water and flushing toilets. I have a full refrigerator and food on my table. For that I am truly thankful.
2 - I have a loving husband that cares deeply for his family. He goes to work each day so that his wife and children can stay home together. For that I am truly thankful.
3 - I have two beautiful daughters who grow dearer to me each and every day. They are the biggest blessing God has ever given me. For that I am truly thankful.
4 - I have a savior, who laid down his life for me, so that I may live forever. For that I am most thankful of all.
05 November 2008
02 November 2008
- In love :: If I fell in love with you, would you promise to be true, help me understand, (Beatles song)
- Be my guest :: be our guest, be our guest, (Beauty and the Beast)
- Number one :: One is the loneliest number (another song!)
- Swallowed whole :: You don't want to know what I'm thinking ; )
- 50 percent :: is 1/2
- Made in :: America
- Supplement :: Vitamin
- Right for :: Life
- Endless :: Love (my endless love, song)
- Ceramic :: Pottery
Seems my midnight brain is full of song. Care to see if your brain wants to sing? Unconscious Muterings