06 November 2008

Thankfulness Thursday

My mood has been poor since Tuesday, so I thought maybe trying to see the positive things in my life would lift my spirit. Stephanie posted a few things she was thankful for yesterday, so I thought I would turn my Thursday's into "Thankfulness Thursday". Each Thursday I will try to take a few minutes and remember the truly important things in life.

1 - I have a home, a roof over my head, heat when I am cold, air conditioning when I am hot, running water and flushing toilets. I have a full refrigerator and food on my table. For that I am truly thankful.

2 - I have a loving husband that cares deeply for his family. He goes to work each day so that his wife and children can stay home together. For that I am truly thankful.

3 - I have two beautiful daughters who grow dearer to me each and every day. They are the biggest blessing God has ever given me. For that I am truly thankful.

4 - I have a savior, who laid down his life for me, so that I may live forever. For that I am most thankful of all.


Let us rise up and be thankful,
for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little,
and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick,
and if we got sick, at least we didn't die;
so, let us all be thankful.
~Buddha~

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

:)
I was in mourning yesterday I really am shocked at how deeply this has affected me. I won't respect this presidency just like I didn't with Clinton.
Oh well I won't go into it, you know how I feel.
I am thankful that you too decided to be thankful :)