14 February 2009

I've Just Seen A Face

When I was first going out with my dear husband, he sang a song to me on a street corner in Chicago. I have always considered it my song. In honor of this being Valentine's Day, thought I'd share it. It's currently playing if your volume is up.

We've been together almost 18 years. We celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary last Saturday. We've had our disagreements over the years, we've had our fights, but through it all, I've loved him and I know he loves me. And when I think of this song, it reminds me of our beginning, and makes me love him all the more.


I've Just Seen a Face
(the Beatles)

I've just seen a face I can't forget the time or place where we just met
She's just the girl for me and I want all the world to see we've met

Had it been another day I might have looked the other way and
I'd have never been aware but as it is I'll dream of her tonight

Falling, yes I am falling
And she keeps calling me back again

I have never known the like of this I've been alone and I have
Missed things and kept out of sight but other girls were never quite like this

Falling, yes I am falling
And she keeps calling me back again

Falling, yes I am falling
And she keeps calling me back again

I've just seen a face I can't forget the time or place where we've just met she's just the girl for me and I want all the world to see we've met

Falling, yes I am falling
And she keeps calling me back again

Falling, yes I am falling,
And she keeps calling me back again


Falling, yes I am falling
And she keeps calling me back again

1 comment: