03 February 2009

It's February!

January was a blur of coughing and sneezing and I just realized it is already Feb. 3rd. See, February is already moving by faster than January ever did.

I hate January. It is my most despised month. Nothing exciting happens in January, and at least where I live, it tends to be our coldest month of the year.

February brings all kinds of excitement. My anniversary, my birthday and my oldest daughters birthday. Things to look forward to and make the month sail right by. Which means March is right around the corner, and with it, hopefully, SPRING!

I really don't like my life to fly by me. But I wish I could speed up winter and slow down summer. And isn't it funny how the opposite seems to occur. Summer never last long enough.

For now, so long January, I'm happy to see you go. I hope it feels like a really long time before I have to see you again.

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.
~Proverb~

2 comments:

unschoolermom said...

Taliesin's and Nathanael's birthdays are in Jan. - the 13 and the 27. But this Jan. was just bad. Feb. is definitely looking up!

Kandy

Stephanie said...

I hear ya!
I don't like January either because it's long and cold. It's not usually that cold here but we have had severe cold.
I know spring is coming and Feb. is a short month, that helps get to March quicker.
I know, I want to just enjoy each day also but it makes it hard when it is so damn cold.
We are getting cabin fever.
Here it gets too hot to go out also so it's just for a time a guess.
Hope you feel better, you forgot to mutter.