I have decided to actively start campaigning for John McCain. I was a bit leery of him at first, but he has grown on me considerably. I started favoring him more and more after watching the Saddleback Forum. I think today he proved himself by picking Alaska's Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate. Go here to read a bit more about her.
I watched most of the democratic convention on TV and frankly was quite frightened by what I heard. Although I do think Hillary gave an excellent speech, It was more about her than Obama. If I had been made to choose between those two, I would've picked Hillary over Obama. (Chilling thought that I might have had to pick between those two.) Obama scares the shit out of me quite frankly.
But since this is the USA, I have a better choice, John McCain. I was one of those waiting and wondering who he was going to pick as his VP. I was going with Romney because that is who I voted for in the primaries. I thought he would be the best choice amongst those the media were touting as on McCain's short list.
Imagine my shock and surprise when I heard his choice was Gov. Sarah Palin. At first I wasn't sure who she was. Then I realized I had heard her name before. I looked up a bit of info on her, then I waited for the official announcement and speech on TV this morning. I was pleased with what I saw.
I do hope everyone will seriously look at the issues and make a wise and sound decision about what truly is best for this country. And if you still want to vote for Obama after seriously looking at the issues, think about this:
10 Ways to be a good Democrat
1. You have to be against capital punishment, but support abortion on demand.
2. You have to believe that businesses create oppression and governments create prosperity.
3. You have to believe that guns in the hands of law-abiding Americans are more of a threat than U.S. nuclear weapons technology in the hands of Iranian Islamic fundamentalists and North Korean communists.
4. You have to believe that global temperatures are less affected by cyclical documented changes in the earth's climate and more affected by soccer moms driving SUV's.
5. You have to believe that the AIDS virus is spread by a lack of federal funding.
6. You have to believe that the same teacher who can't teach 4th-graders how to read is somehow qualified to teach those same kids about sex.
7. You have to believe that hunters don't care about nature, but loony activists who have never been outside of San Francisco do.
8. You have to believe the NRA is bad because it supports certain parts of the Constitution, while the ACLU is good because it supports certain parts of the Constitution.
9. You have to believe that taxes are too low, but ATM fees are too high.
10. You have to believe that the only reason socialism hasn't worked anywhere it's been tried is because the right people haven't been in charge.
(I did not write the above, not sure who did, but the points are valid).
Regardless of who you are voting for, please just remember TO VOTE! It is a privilege that few around the world are afforded.